Tips to cut down on false alarms in Dallas
False alarms can be a real concern for a home security system. They're not only costly and time-consuming, but they might even lower the confidence you have in your equipment. Luckily, you may do some things to reduce false alarms from your Dallas security system.
As the first step, make sure that everything is connected as intended. This will probably sound like common sense, but it’s often the case that basic miscues trigger false alarms. Secondly, watch out for likely culprits of false alarms, like a back door that may be kept unsecured mistakenly. And finally, don't hesitate to incorporate the extra options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Dallas.
Could it be really that straightforward? Read on and see for yourself.
Can you side step false alarms in Dallas?
Like diagnosing any concern, the best course of action is to reference the guidebook. Make sure all alarms and sensors are set up appropriately from your perspective by:
- Running a system analysis with your touchscreen smart hub.
- Physically check each component to ensure it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to ensure that your system isn’t engaging at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all new smart devices are configured correctly and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Call your service representative if you are still having trouble cutting down false alarms in your Dallas system. They'll be happy to send out a tech to check your system.
Check your windows and doors
In the event your system checks out alright, the subsequent measure is to do a sweep of your residence. Are your doors and widows shut tight, or are any inadvertently cracked? If an access point is left unlatched, it could trigger an activated sensor. In the event your clan consistently neglects to close an entrance, you could install a smart lock that secures automatically when your home security goes live. Regrettably, windows need extra physical effort, mainly if you have someone who enjoys to sleep with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint alarm system makes it simple to turn off that sensor while still shielding the rest of the property.
Smart home automation is an effective method to cut down on false alarms in Dallas
One of the most effective methods to lessen the chance of false alarms is to include automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you’re in the house and avert false alarms that result from absentmindedly unlocking doors or windows. Then have it automatically set again that evening as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disengage when your smart front door lock is activated with the right number combination.
- Use geotracking to arm your system when you depart the premises, then disengage when you return.
- Get cell phone notifications when your devices sense uncommon movements or have need of a battery change.
- Pair your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you may operate your system without the smartphone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Dallas when you get a Vivint smart home
An enhanced level of authority over your alarm system equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, contact (469) 812-8953 or submit the form on this page.