Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Dallas smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in full command of your Dallas home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it will help you and find tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Dallas help you?
Wirelessly connecting to components with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you can even speak to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also offers total remote operability through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the functions you can carry out:
- Check live or saved video streams from all linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Dallas by implementing schedules or initiating preferences. For example, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms everything except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be away, and all sensors in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The main screen will display a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then confirm you wish to circumvent the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Dallas
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed during the initial installation, you will likely want to add an additional user in the future. Here are instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote functionality, choose email or phone and provide the information to dispatch an invite.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, simply navigate to the menu, press users, choose the user you want to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Dallas home security system. Dial (469) 812-8953 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.